My Lip care routine




I do get compliments about my lips and it's smoothness lol and it feels really good when I hear this because I try to take good care of my lips. I mean, nobody wants to have chapped, dry-looking lips right? So I decided to share my own little way of ensuring my lips stay smooth.


It's nothing special (No, I do not have special products and what not lol) and I feel like a lot of people do this already, but then, some people aren't aware so I'm here to help!

Things I use:
Routine:

If I have lipstick on, I use wipes or coconut oil to remove the lipstick first and rinse. I prefer coconut oil because it is gentle and it leaves my lips feeling soft and moisturized.

After brushing my teeth in the morning, I gently use the same soft toothbrush (with or without toothpaste, whichever you prefer) on my lips for about 3-5 seconds. I do this once or twice a week, whenever my lips feel rough. If you have really dry lips or already chapped lips, be as gentle as possible. 

After brushing, I apply my lip balm. I use the well known baby lips by Maybelline. I've been using this lip balm since 2014! I love it, it moisturizes my lips pretty well, leaves them looking really pretty, a little bit colorful and lasts for 3-4 hours. 

As seen in the picture above, I use another lip balm just for extra moisture. Sadly, I do not know the brand, I took it from a friend and I love it so much. 
I apply lip balm MORNING & NIGHT. This is very important for me, I do not go to bed without doing this and that's all!

I do not use products with petroleum on my lips, like NO. This means no vaseline/petroleum jelly. Products that contain petroleum aren't the best option as they can result in darker lips.

I used to have chapped lips and this routine really changed the game for me. You can try lip scrubs or make your own lip scrub using honey& sugar or sugar & coconut oil if you feel this process doesn't work for you. I am going to start using lip scrubs very soon, I just haven't found any I really like (I would love some suggestions).

PS: licking your lips doesn't help, It only makes it worse.

Everyone should do this as often as possible, it should be incorporated into your daily routine and trust me, you would see lovely results.

I hope this helped!

Now tell me, what's your lip care routine?
Stay beautiful 


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,