SKIN CARE || KONJAC SPONGE REVIEW



Hey, rare beauties!
There goes my  partly unachieved august goals! I don't know how people with a 9-5 actually do it but my body definitely wasn't having it. Anyway, here's a skincare Sunday post for you guys :)
Since I started using my ultimate skin spa system, although I love it, I just couldn't use it every day because of my skin's sensitivity so I was in search of something I could use every day and I discovered the konjac sponge! I had never heard about it or seen anyone using it before so it was very new to me. I did a little research and I decided to give it a try. 


The konjac sponge is a facial puff sponge, according to konjacspongecompany.com, "The konjac  is a perennial plant native to Asia, and can be found growing wild at very high altitudes. A totally natural food source, Konjac is 97% water, rich in mineral goodness and low in calories. Naturally alkaline, Konjac is pH neutral which leaves skin perfectly balanced" 
There are different types and shapes of this sponge that caters to different skin types. It comes in a hard, rocky form which softens when soaked in water for 2-5 minutes. 

The konjac sponge can be used on its own or with a cleanser. I read that using it with a cleanser shortens its lifespan- which is usually 2-3 months. I purchased the "Konjac Facial Puff Sponge Bamboo Charcoal " which caters to acne prone & oily skin types. I have normal/oily combination skin but it's also acne prone (I break out 5-6 times a week so I need help guys). 
sorry about the poor quality, my camera gave up on me

very vivid photo lol. As seen, no major changes to texture yet.
I've been using this sponge for about a month now and I'm left feeling "averagely impressed" - I love how gentle it is as it is very suitable for an everyday use and it leaves your skin feeling fresh. When I started using it, I was breaking out (as usual) and after 2-3 weeks, I experienced a reduction in my breakouts but no significant changes in the texture of my skin as that's my major issue with my skin.
I do feel I might not be using it the right way so I'm going to keep trying and update you guys okay?

Skin update!
As you can see, my skin got so bad compared to my previous pictures in my "acne" post and I really can't say why except for my sensitivity. I changed my environment and my skin wasn't having it so right now I'm confused :( 

Have you tried the konjac sponge? What do you think?
Rating: 6.5/10
Stay rare

Labels: , , , , , , , ,